We are pleased to announce 15 Open PhD Positions within the European Network learninG, pRocessing And oPtimising shapES (GRAPES). GRAPES is a Marie Sklodowska-Curie Innovative Training Network in the framework of Horizon 2020, starting on December 1st, 2019, and lasts for four years. It includes 11 sites offering 15 PhD’s, 6 industrial/academic partners, and is coordinated by ATHENA Research and Innovation Center, Greece.
Abstract: GRAPES aims at considerably advancing the state of the art in Mathematics, Computer-Aided Design, and Machine Learning in order to promote game changing approaches for generating, optimising, and learning 3D shapes, along with a multisectoral training for young researchers. Recent advances in the above domains have solved numerous tasks concerning multimedia and 2D data. However, automation of 3D geometry processing and analysis lags severely behind, despite their importance in science, technology and everyday life, and the well-understood underlying mathematical principles. The CAD industry, although well established for more than 20 years, urgently requires advanced methods and tools for addressing new challenges.
We offer ...
- an exciting research environment including transnational visits to academic and industrial participants, and to Network-wide events.
- full time employment for 3 years, leading to a PhD.
- a competitive (gross) salary comprising of:
- living allowance of 3,270 €/month (country correction coefficient factor to be applied).
- mobility allowance of 600 €/month, family allowance of 500 €/month (depending on family status).
Eligible candidates should at the date of recruitment ...
- not have resided or carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc.) in the country where the PhD takes place, for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately prior to the recruitment date – unless as part of a procedure for obtaining refugee status under the Geneva Convention.
- be in the first 4 years of their research career and not have a doctoral degree.
- have a Master’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or Engineering (or an equivalent diploma allowing them to pursue a PhD).
The review of applicants will begin immediately and continue until the positions are filled. The ideal starting date is by September 2020, but any starting date after January 2020 is possible. For more information about the individual positions and application procedure, see: http://grapes-network.eu/. Questions and informal inquiries may be addressed at email@example.com.
Hosting institutions (beneficiaries)
Industrial/Academic partners (non-beneficiaries)
3D Industries Limited (United Kingdom)
Scientist-in-Charge: Seena Rejal